With most platforms now offering live streaming, it’s one of the best ways to connect with your audience. Here’s How to Go Live on Facebook.
The Benefits of Going Live on Social Media
What’s all the fuss about live streaming on social media anyway? Well, data shows that 82% of people prefer live video content over other social media posts and 80% of audiences would rather watch a live stream than read a blog post.
Here are some of the top perks you can expect from live streaming on social media:
1. It increases brand awareness and builds relationships
2. It encourages engagement and builds trust
3. It increases conversions
4. You get instant feedback from your biggest supporters
5. It’s authentic and feels more ‘real’ than polished content
6. Social media algorithms prioritize live streams.
How to Go Live on Facebook page
To get started, follow these steps:
GO LIVE FROM YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE
How to go live on Facebook from your phone
There are two ways to go Live on Facebook using the mobile app.
Using the Facebook app:
1. Go to the page, group, personal profile, or event that you would like to stream your video from.
2. Tap “What’s on your mind?” or Create post.
3. Tap Live, located in the list of options.
4. Write a description — this is where you can tag friends, collaborators, or your location. Or, use the widgets at the bottom of the screen to add other elements, like Polls or links. The hamburger button in the bottom right-hand corner will give you an exhaustive list of options. Here, you can also restrict access or crosspost between channels.
5. Tap Start Live Video to begin the live broadcast.
6. When you’re done, tap Finish to end the livestream.
Using the Creator Studio app:
- On the Home or Content Library tab, click the compose icon on the top right corner.
- Select the option for Live post.
- Write a description. (This is where you can tag friends, collaborators, or your location.)
- Tap Start Live Video to begin the live broadcast.
- When you’re done, tap Finish to end the livestream.
How to go live on Facebook from your computer
You can create Live video content using your computer’s built-in webcam and microphone. You also have the option to connect higher-end production equipment if you’d like.
Take your livestream to the next level with graphics, screen-sharing and more. You can also incorporate streaming software like Streamlabs OBS. (For more information about connecting streaming software, click here.)
Regardless of which tools you use to go Live from your computer, Facebook will first direct you to the Live Producer tool.
Using your built-in webcam:
Also Read: social media marketing for small business
1. At the top of your newsfeed, click on the Live Video icon beneath the “What’s on your mind?” status field.
2. You’ll be taken to the Live Producer tool, where Facebook will ask you whether to go Live now or set up an event for later. You can choose where to post your stream on the left-hand side.
Then, Facebook may prompt you to use your microphone and camera.
3. Finally, you’ll choose your video source — select Webcam.
4. Look to the left side of the screen under Add Post Details. Here, you can write a description and add an optional title for your live video. You can also tag people or places or choose to raise money with the heart-stamped Donate button.
5. When you’re ready, click the Go Live button on the bottom left of the screen.